- Connectivity: Ability to connect New Yorkers and enable communication, including for safety and emergency purposes
- Creativity: Originality, innovation and quality of idea
- Visual Design: Including visual appeal and user experience
- Functionality: Flexibility, versatility, scalability, accessibility and sustainability
- Community Impact: Support of local residents, businesses and cultural institutions
To these five, we added for ourselves:
- People-scale: Become part of the urban landscape at the street-level. The eye-level. The people-level.
- Future-ready: Will not only keep pace with the latest technology, but facilitate it.
- Economic Impact: Help create new Jobs, Industries and Innovations.
- Distinctly New York: An iconic design that reflect and not distract from the idiosyncrasies of each neighborhood.